Sunday, February 20, 2011

3 amazing new albums in one month!

     I must say, the month of February has shaped up to be amazing for new music releases. Now, I knew two of these releases were imminent (Mogwai and Earth) but I think the surprise from Radiohead caught everyone off guard. I've actually gotten into so many new artists/bands this month I haven't even had the time to overly indulge in any one record. I guess I'm going to be playing catch up for a few months, trust me, I'm not complaining.
     I do want to talk about the new Radiohead album "The King Of Limbs" for a bit. Even though I haven't really let it sink in yet the first thing that has really stuck out to me on this album is how amazingly atmospheric Thom Yorke's vocals are. Of course this isn't really anything new, BUT the way they are interacting with the guitars and other instrumentation is completely flooring. This is the most instrumental I've heard Yorke's vocals and I absolutely love it. Even at first listen this album just washes over you sinking into every pore and leaves you wanting more. Songs like "Bloom" and "Little By Little" make me feel cleaner than when I get out of the shower, such a great release.

2 comments:

  1. I've had a rough night, and I hate the fucking Eagles, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you Baird. The way that Thom's vocals flow in between the sounds of the other instruments is in a way that I have never heard them accomplish. This is definitely their best album of recent releases, and I think that as we listen to it more, it will open our minds a bit more each time.

    ReplyDelete